What is culture?
Culture is the shared values, beliefs or perceptions held by employees within a Company.
Getting your Company’s culture right is essential, so you can build a great place to work with loyal and productive employees to support your business growth.
After all, having a toxic Company culture can damage a Company’s public image and harm productivity and staff morale.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a few employees or 50, building a strong company culture really does matter.
Employees are your biggest asset, so without them, your business stops running. Put people first and your business is much more likely to succeed.
Here’s some tips on how to build a strong Company culture:
- Define your values – they are the reason you do what you do, so it’s important your business is built upon this.
- Communicate your values – tell your people and then they can translate this into the Company culture.
- Hire the right people – so they are the right fit for your business.
- Agree how you will measure company and individual performance - how you will reward your employees?
- Be transparent – and this will help improve trust and satisfaction for your employees.
- It all starts from the top – your leaders set the cultural agenda and are responsible for curating how it builds in the Company.
- Practice what you preach – because your Company values are only worth something when you put them into practice.